Here at Meridian, we understand that we have a vital ecological responsibility as packaging manufacturers, as consumers seek to reduce their environmental impact, we too are striving to go beyond our obligated environmental compliance.
With over 82% of our business based in converting carton board, we knew we could not afford to be apathetic, we wanted to ensure the sources of our raw materials were from organisations that manage their forests in socially, environmentally and economically responsible ways.
Our FSC® Chain of Custody (CoC) Certification demonstrates our commitment to environmentally sustainable manufacturing practices. (link to view our FSC Certificate)
Who are FSC?
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) is a non-governmental, non-profit, independent international organization. It was established to oversee the sustainable harvesting of timber and responsible management of subsequent paper goods. Their mission is far-reaching so why not check out more information on what they are achieving.
The FSC® Chain of Custody tracks the timber, from ethical sources, through every stage in the supply chain from the forest to the final user. This is monitored through the invoicing process and the final label on the product has a code that confirms that the item is genuinely FSC® certified.
Why should you choose FSC® for your packaging?
- FSC protects the poorest most vulnerable communities and wildlife who rely on the environment around them. They ensure that timber is from ethically sourced and managed forests rather than illegal deforestation.
- FSC certified forests now contribute to 180 million hectares. These trees absorb carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere as they grow, contributing to climate change mitigation.
- The logo placement allows you to communicate with your consumers that your brand is doing everything possible to be responsible with forest-based products.
- Whether working directly on government projects or with a retailer who has their own policy compliance, providing FSC certified packaging allows you to prove your affiliation with a recognised certification body.
Interested in FSC certified packaging?
Want to go FSC…it’s as easy as 1,2,3-
- Contact our sales team if you require FSC® mixed credit board for your
next project. Remember this needs to be communicated from the outset to ensure
the chain of custody is followed throughout.
- Send your artwork and we will add our relevant FSC certified logo with identifier license code, we do the hard work as we get approval from FSC so you don’t need to do a thing.
- Once the project is complete, we send you an invoice with the FSC claim which gives you the assurance that you have purchased FSC Certified packaging.
When you request FSC mixed credit packaging from Meridian, you can rest easy knowing your packaging is coming from a source that has been certified by FSC through their rigorous chain of custody.
Interested in reading more about FSC? Check out our FSC blog for more facts and figures.