Low Minimum Runs
We specialise in short to medium print runs, ideal for new product development or start-up companies.
Highly Competitive Prices
When it comes to short run packaging, we are rarely beaten on price or our customer service. We manufacture on site in the UK which gives us control over all our costs.
Typically, we aim to despatch your order within 2-3 weeks from the approval of your artwork or project sign off.
Packaging Knowledge & Expertise
With 25 years of experience, our expert design team are here to offer help and advice on your project. We work closely with you and can offer everything from creation of your graphic design elements to printed prototypes for meetings. We are customer focussed and offer a high level of customer service, from initial contact through to end delivery.
Here at Meridian, we have been designing & manufacturing packaging since our humble beginnings in 1994. Our company may have expanded but our core values and dedication to customer service have remained the same.
The Original Site in 2002 & 2006
Whilst there are many packaging manufacturers out there, we truly believe that we are uniquely placed in Europe for the services that we offer. We have remained committed to offering customers small to medium run services, so we are the ideal company for anyone wanting help developing their first foray into bespoke packaging or more specialised smaller product launches.
Our commitment to offering the highest levels of service and production have been integral in the development of our BRC accredited systems and compliance.(link to BRC page) Our dedication to sustainable practises saw us achieve our FSC chain of custody certification, essential for those customers who want to prove the source of their packaging from sustainably managed forests (link to FSC Page)
With 25 years of packaging industry experience, we have built up an extensive network of trusted suppliers, including contacts who enable us to offer customers a complete one-stop-shop service for all their packaging requirements. Companies have trusted us for years to source and supply them with their full range of packaging- from paper carrier bags, to custom ribbons and vacuum moulded trays.
We are there to oversee all elements of a project and only source from our network of trusted suppliers who have the same high standards and systems in place that we do.
How we work:
Everything we do, begins with an initial consultation with our knowledgeable sales team. Our approach to your packaging challenge is simple; understand your requirements, collaborate with you on design, engineer a solution, and then manufacture your perfect packaging.
We work closely with all of our customers on every aspect of the project, whether you come to us with a fully formed idea or challenge our designers for an innovative solution. Our end goal is to deliver a final product that meets your vision and ultimately enhances your brand.
Why we are different:
Meridian are unique as a packaging manufacturer and stockist because we continue to manufacture in-house most of the packaging we hold on the shelf.
We are the UK experts at manufacturing stock and custom packaging for the chocolate and confectionery market, with a deep understanding of the specific needs of chocolatiers. This understanding developed into leading expertise in food packaging manufacturing using the safest materials and inks for direct food contact.
Our focus has always been on premium quality, short-run work delivering maximum flexibility on those difficult to place jobs, complex multi-component work or truly challenging work which is hard to produce through a volume manufacturer.
We truly believe that this is why we work with so many of the UK and Europe's finest artisan manufacturers, leading premium brands and high-end retailers on their key projects, in both food and non-food packaging.
- In-house design expertise- We have a team of in-house Graphic designers, CAD designers and repro specialists who are able to get your idea off the ground and into reality. We are able to offer digitally printed working prototypes of your packaging before you commit to pressing go on production.
- We manufacture in-house- We are proud that 90% of the products we stock are produced at our factory. This means we have full control over our stock levels and lead times. Anything we outsource is from companies who have been audited by ourselves to ensure they follow the same stringent quality guidelines that we do.
- Specialists in short-to-medium runs- We are committed to offering the highest level of quality and service but with competitive prices and lead-times geared to meet smaller volume requirements. If you wanted to produce as little as 100 units we are happy to talk about requirements and find solutions that will work for every budget
- Quick turnaround times- Our average lead time for a project, from sign off to delivery, is just 2-3 weeks. We hold a large amount of stock material on the shelf to get started on projects immediately and as we produce in-house we control our own planning schedule, so it means even more flexibility.
- FSC mixed credit certificate- This certificate gives us the opportunity to offer board traced back to environmentally sustainable sources, check out our guide to FSC for information
- BRCGS Certification- This accreditation gives you the peace of mind that your packaging is produced in an environment that commits to manufacturing high quality, safe packaging for high-risk products.
- Highly skilled in house hand assembly - Our finishing team is capable of working on the most complex manual finishing work which is impossible to automate at a sensible price. This growth area has seen us work on complex multi-component packaging assembly which gives our customers a cost-effective method of reducing packing time.
If all you have read has inspired you to look at starting your own packaging journey, why not get in contact with us to learn more.