Why choose FSC® for your next project?
With over 82% of our business based in converting carton board, we knew we could not afford to be apathetic, we wanted to ensure the sources of our raw materials were from organisations that manage their forests in socially, environmentally and economically responsible ways.
We are excited to announce that we have recently been awarded our FSC® Chain of Custody (CoC) Certification, a distinction which recognizes our commitment to environmentally sustainable manufacturing practices.
The FSC® Chain of Custody tracks the timber, from ethical sources, through every stage in the supply chain from the forest to the final user. This is monitored through the invoicing process and the final label on the product has a code that confirms that the item is genuinely FSC® certified.
Thanks to our FSC® certification, we can offer our customers bespoke packaging solutions to ensure sustainability that begins in the forest.
We’re proud to have achieved our FSC® certification and by choosing Meridian for your packaging it means that you can help future generations through responsible forestry. Check out our FSC® credentials here.
What is FSC®?
- The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) is a non-governmental, non-profit, independent international organization, established to oversee the sustainable harvesting of timber and responsible management of subsequent paper goods.
- FSC® helps take care of forests and the people and wildlife who call them home. The system helps consumers choose products from well-managed forests with verified sources.
- FSC® Chain of Custody (CoC) ensures that FSC® materials and products have been checked at every stage of processing, so customers can be confident that they are genuinely FSC® certified.
- The FSC® Chain of Custody ensures that at every stage, social and environmental standards are met. One FSC® Certified business goes on to supply the next, creating a network of verified suppliers.
For more information and resources, check out the official FSC® website for full details.
What does FSC® mean to consumers?
There is growing consumer demand for ethically sourced sustainable packaging. A global corporate responsibility survey found that 66% of consumers avoided a product or brand for environmental reasons. With this in mind, in a marketplace saturated with choice, why not be the brand that shouts to its consumers about its environmental credentials?
88% of UK shoppers have said they want on-pack information on packaging sustainability and with over half of consumers aware of the FSC® logo, this is a good place to begin.
Having the recognisable FSC® logo on your packaging has become a simple way to demonstrate your brands' corporate social responsibility. It represents a contract between the buyer and the manufacturer acknowledging that the product has made as little environmental impact as possible.
FSC®- Easy as 1,2,3:
1. Contact our sales team if you require FSC® mixed credit board for your next project, we will advise on the most suitable board. Remember that this needs to be done from the outset to ensure the chain of custody is followed throughout.
2. Send over your artwork and we will add our relevant FSC® certified logo with identifier license code, we do the hard work as we get approval from FSC® for you so you don’t need to do a thing.
3. Once the project is complete, we will send you an invoice with the FSC® claim and our certificate code which completes the chain, this is your assurance that you have purchased FSC® Certified packaging.
If you are committed to working with an FSC® Certified manufacturer, we would be delighted to help. FSC® is available upon request for all your design projects, let us bring your packaging ideas to life whilst also preserving the environment and allowing you to promote your own environmental message. Take a look at our FSC® Certificate if you need it for your records.
A look at sustainable packaging and common environmental misconceptions
A packaging brief to create a Luxury Marshmallow Gift Box Range to be sent through the post.